There are free correspondence Bible studies available. While they may be accredited they can go a long way towards bringing incarcerated students out of anger, hatred and darkness.
Enhancing Spirituality in Prison
Free correspondence Bible studies are one of the best ways for prisoners to enter the world of correspondence education. These courses are free, so all prisoners can afford them. They also help to raise the incarcerated student out of the anger, hatred, and darkness so prevalent in prison. For these reasons alone, correspondence Bible studies are a great option for incarcerated students.
Free Bible studies fall into much the same realm as fee-based Bible studies in that accreditation agencies do not usually recognize them. The following are the main factors to consider when selecting a free correspondence Bible study program.
- Review the course outlines to determine the difficulty of the courses and the longevity of the program. Correspondence Bible studies are generally prepared at a very low academic level. While some are directed towards children (which are almost categorically very simple for an adult to complete), others are written for adults and can be either very simple or very difficult. The easier programs of study tend to take perhaps 30 minutes or an hour to complete, and could be one or several lessons long. The more challenging ones can take days or a week to complete and can last for several years from the first to final lesson. As such, it is up to the incarcerated student to review a number of course outlines to make a determination on which type of course is best suited for their personal educational needs.
Recommended Bible Study Programs
There are many free correspondence Bible study programs that prisoners can enroll in. All of these programs have merit, although some are a cut above the rest. In an effort to help incarcerated students select top-tier programs, we recommend the following list of Bible study programs:
- American Bible Academy
- Bon Air Baptist Church
- Christ For Me, Inc.
- Crossroad Bible Institute
- ECS Prison Ministry
- Global University
- Lamp and Light Publishers, Inc.
- Little Lambs, Inc.
- Mount Hope Prison Ministry
- Salvation Army
- Source of Light Ministries
Free Correspondence Bible Studies for Prisoners
[ Open All | Close All ]